If you have had an Administrative Review for your parking ticket and are not satisfied with the result you can request an Administrative Hearing within 21 days of the date of the Administrative Review Decision.
If you have any questions regarding a parking citation, you may call our 24 Hour Customer Care Hotline: 1-866-561-9742
- State law requires that you pay all fines owed on the ticket before you can request an administrative hearing*
Request a Hearing
- By Phone (8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday)
(213) 623-7046 TTY
- In Person (4 locations)
Downtown - 312 W 2nd Street
Mid-Wilshire – 3333 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 3337
West Los Angeles - 1575 Westwood Blvd., #100B
Van Nuys - 6309 Van Nuys Blvd., #103
- By Mail - fill out this form and mail it to:
Parking Violations Bureau Correspondence
Po Box 30247
Los Angeles, CA 90030
- If there are extenuating circumstances you may request a financial waiver.
- Once 21 days have passed since the decision on your Administrative Review with no request for an Administrative Hearing, you are no longer entitled to an Administrative Hearing.
What Happens At An Administrative Hearing?
- Please arrive at your assigned Hearing location 5-10 minutes prior to your Hearing time. If you receive notification of a Hearing time which is not convenient, you may reschedule, by calling our Customer Service Hotline. You are only allowed one reschedule.
- The Hearing Officer will be provided with a case file which contains all information relevant to your ticket, including:
1. A copy of the ticket
2. Any correspondence received by LADOT concerning the ticket
3. The results of any investigations conducted during the Administrative Review process
4. A complete computer record of all communications received and notices sent
- The hearing officer will review this information and may consider additional resources and evidence in determining the merits of the case. He/She will also listen to your explanation of why the ticket should be dismissed and review all evidence submitted. Once the Hearing Officer has enough information, she/he will end the Hearing.
- You will be notified by mail within 7 to 10 day of the Hearing Officer's determination. There are a number of decisions which the Hearing Officer can make:
A. You are liable for the ticket and late fees.
B. You are liable for the ticket, Late fees are dismissed.
C. You are not liable for the ticket or any late fees.
- If the Hearing Officer decides that all or part of your fines should be dismissed, you will be issued a refund within 30 days of the date of the Hearing Officer's decision.
* You may request a waiver of the citation payment prior to an administrative hearing, if you provide written documentation that you qualify as a "very low income household" as defined by the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development regulations. Please ask the LADOT representative to send you the additional information and forms.